Help us ensure S.C. employers’ tax dollars are spent wisely, and UI benefits only go to eligible individuals.
Report someone who is receiving UI benefits:
- and not reporting his or her earnings to DEW.
- but not reporting he or she is working and being paid cash “under the table.”
- at the same time he or she was incarcerated.
- but not able or available for work due to illness, injury, out of town, etc.
- who’s engaged in self-employment.
Report an employer who is:
- paying individuals cash to avoid paying taxes on these individuals.
- paying individuals as independent contractors that need to be categorized as employees.
- filing employer-filed claims for individuals while still paying individuals for working.
Report fraud using the information listed below.
Online: Fraud Report Form portal
Fraud Hotline: 1.800.868.1488 (toll free)
SC Department of Employment and Workforce
Fraud Investigation Recovery Enforcement Unit
P.O. Box 995
Columbia, SC 29202
When reporting, provide as many details as possible regarding the fraud you’re reporting including:
- The name, address, Social Security number (if available), or individual or business suspected of committing fraud.
- The business’s name and address involved with the allegation.
- Specific dates surrounding the allegation, hours or times worked, and specific details that help substantiate the allegation.
You do not have to provide your name or identifying information to file a fraud allegation unless you want to. Any contact information provided remains confidential.