DEW’s Bank of America Prepaid Debit Card is a Visa–branded card account, which allows direct deposit of unemployment benefits payments to those who do not have a traditional bank account or who do not want their payment deposited into their existing bank account. There is no credit check required.
The deposit account is FDIC insured and follows all Regulation E requirements for consumer protection. The account owner has access to his or her funds 24 hours a day, seven days a week via purchases everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted, ATMS and PIN-based point-of-sale (POS) terminals, as well as over-the-counter cash access through tellers at any Visa financial institution.
The principal benefits are:
- Saves time – easy access to payment by 9:00 a.m. (standard direct deposit availability of funds) and no waiting in lines to cash a check.
- Convenience – use for purchases everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted, pinned point-of-sale terminals and to make withdrawals at virtually any ATM 24 hours a day.
- Provides security – no need to walk around with large amounts of cash
- Eliminates check-cashing cost – some pay up to 15% of face value to cash checks at check-cashing stores.
- Improves control over money – take only what you need, when you need it.
- Account information and customer service – available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Additional Debit Card Information:
- Debit cards are mailed five days following eligibility certification.
- Your card will be personalized with your name on it.
- Debit cards are issued in your name only and you cannot have a joint ownership account.
- Your card does require activation. You will be able to do this once you receive your card. You can activate your card by calling into the DEW Prepaid Debit Card Customer Service toll-free at 1-866-213-4074 or by visiting Online Customer Service at bankofamerica.com/cashpay.
- Your card will require a Personal Identification Number (PIN) to use with your card for transactions and the ATM and pinned point-of-sale.
- Fees can be associated with the use of your debit card. However, fees can be avoided with careful use of your card. Please click here to access the debit card fee schedule. There are no fees for the following:
- Purchases from merchants at accepted Visa debit cards.
- ATM withdrawals at Bank of America ATMs in the United States.
- One free teller cash access per week at banks that accept Visa cards.
- Unlimited balance inquiries at ATMs and online customer service at bankofamerica.com/cashpay
- One free card replacement per year
- If you have an old debit card that is not expired, a new card will not be issued. If you have misplaced your original debit card, you will need to contact Bank of America to request a new one.
DEW’s Prepaid Debit Card Customer Service toll-free line: 1-866-213-4074
DEW’s Prepaid Debit Card Customer Service website: bankofamerica.com/cashpay
Please review the Debit Card Fee schedule (PDF) below to know if and when you will be charged a fee for using the card.
Learn how to check on your Payment Status or Claim Status.
Learn how to set up prepaid card alerts or to manage your account.