South Carolina is changing the debit card vendor for unemployment benefits. If you currently receive your unemployment benefits on a Bank of America debit card, this change will affect the manner in which you receive your benefits.
Starting July 16, South Carolina will no longer issue Bank of America Debit Cards. Mid-July, Money Network® debit cards will be issued by MetaBank®, N.A. Please watch your mail for the card.
Starting July 27, 2021, weekly unemployment benefits will no longer be loaded to Bank of America debit cards. Instead, your benefits will be loaded to your Money Network debit card. Claimants with a balance left on a Bank of America card can still use the card until September 30, 2021.
If you have any questions about your new Money Network Prepaid Visa Card, please call the Money Network Customer Service toll-free line at 1-866-892-2835.
Money Network Prepaid Visa Card
A Money Network Prepaid Visa® Card allows direct deposit of unemployment benefits payments to those who do not have a traditional bank account or who do not want their payment deposited into their existing bank account. There is no credit check required.
The Card account is FDIC insured and follows all Regulation E requirements for consumer protection. The Card account owner has access to his or her funds 24 hours a day, seven days a week via purchases everywhere Visa Debit Cards are accepted — in stores, online or over the phone. You can also use your Money Network Card to pay bills (where accepted), get cash back with a PIN debit purchase at participating merchants, get cash from in-network ATMs Nationwide that carry the Allpoint® or MoneyPass® brands, over-the-counter cash access through tellers at any Visa partner bank or credit union and more.
- The Principal Benefits
- Convenience –Payments are deposited directly into the Card account so there’s no waiting for money.
- Easy access –Multiple options to access money at no cost.
- Flexibility – Make purchases with the Money Network Card or get cash at 80,000+ surcharge-free Allpoint® or MoneyPass® ATMs.
- Control – Only spend what’s available in the Card account, avoiding overdraft fees.
- Security – Funds are held in an FDIC-insured Account, protections if the Card is lost or stolen with the Visa Zero Liability Policy.
- Money Management - Account information and customer service – available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Additional Debit Card Information
- Cards will arrive in the mail seven to ten days following eligibility certification.
- Card will be personalized with your name on it.
- Card is issued in the benefit recipient’s name only and joint ownership Card accounts are not available.
- Once received, Cards must be activated using the Money Network® Mobile App or by calling 1-866-892-2835 in order to access funds.
- During activation, Card recipients will also be asked to create a 4-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) required for ATM transactions, requesting automated assistance and to hear balance.
- Fees can be associated with the use of the Money Network Card or Card account. However, fees can be avoided with careful use of the Card. Please click here to access the Money Network Card fee schedule. There are no fees for the following:
- Make purchases everywhere Visa Debit Cards are accepted — in stores, online or over the phone.
- Get cash back with a PIN debit purchase, where available.
- Withdraw cash — surcharge-free — from in-network ATMs nationwide.
- Get cash in branch at Visa partner banks or credit unions.
- Log in at prepaid.everywherepaycard.com to view your balance, transaction history and more.
- Transfer funds to a personal bank account.
- One replacement Card per year
- If you have an old Card that is not expired, a new Card will not be issued. If you have misplaced your original Card, you will need to contact Money Network Customer Service at 1-866-892-2835 to request a new one.
Money Network Card account Overview (PDF)
Money Network Customer Service toll-free line: 1-866-892-2835
Money Network Customer Service website: prepaid.everywherepaycard.com
Please review the Money Network Card account Fee schedule (PDF) to know if and when you will be charged a fee for using the Card or Card account.
Money Network Prepaid Card Frequently Asked Questions.
Money Network® Cards are issued by MetaBank®, N.A., Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. The Money Network Card is accepted everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted.